Student Government and participation
Throughout the UU, students and staff contribute their thoughts on educational matters to the decision-making bodies. Would you like to join them? Then become a member of one of our employee participation bodies. You will gain experience in thinking about changes and improvements in a large organization. Later in your career it can be very beneficial if you can include board or committee experience in your resume.
There are various employee participation bodies:
- Education Committee (OC)
In the education committee you are engaged in the quality of education.
- Faculty Council
The faculty council discusses the faculty policies in the areas of education, research, finance, personnel & organization with the faculty board.
- The Board of Education Directors
The Board of Education Directors discusses education matters and developments within the faculty.
- The University Council
In the University Council you discuss the central university policies in the areas of education, research, finance, personnel & organization with the UU Executive Board.
Regulations regarding administrative grants for Science
- Compensation amounts 2022-2023
- Claim form 2022-2023
- Possibilities for committee grants for student members of a participation body
- Vidius: supports all students who are active in employee participation at Utrecht University
- LSVB (National Student Union): federation of 23 student unions
- ISO (Interurban Student Consultation): largest national student union in the Netherlands
Scholarship for student members in university bodies
Do you want to become active in a university administrative or participation body? Then you may be entitled to financial support from Utrecht University in the form of a committee grant.