Info for new master students
Finding your way at Utrecht University
Welcome to the Faculty of Science of Utrecht University! In this master’s Starter Guide you will find information on registration procedures, buildings, digital tools, tips and points of contact for support.
Download PDF 'Finding your way at Utrecht University'
Overview of information about buildings, our education, who you can contact and which systems we use. The PDF is available for download in A3 format (digital) and in A4 format (digital). See the text elaboration of the pdf below.
Are you going to print out the Starter Guide? Then use the print files of the infographic: A3 (PDF print) and A4 (PDF print).
Where should I go to?
TIP: The walking route to the BBG goes through the KBG, and the first number of the room number stands for the floor in the building.
Support & contact
Need help? There is a lot of ICT Support available at the UU. You will find explanations on https://manuals.uu.nl/en/. Or call (030 253) 4500
- Solis-ID: Your user name for university services, that corresponds to your student email address
- 2FA: UU secures data using twofactor authentication (2FA). You need two things to log in using 2FA: your Solis-ID and password, and your smartphone or tablet
- Wifi: Utrecht University, log in using your email address and Solis-ID password
Tip: you can read course reviews in the evaluation system Caracal: https://caracal.uu.nl/
Registration & schedules
- Osiris student: this is where you can register for courses, see your grades and change your address details.
- CoursePlanner: to plan out your studies and have an overview of all courses included in your programme.(not applicable for GSLS-students)
- MyTimetable: you can link this scheduling website to your own electronic agenda.
- MyUU: app for students featuring your grades from Osiris, your university ID, your library card and your personal schedule.
Tip: you can download free software - like Office 365 and Outlook - via: https://students.uu.nl/en/homepage/software-for-students-and-education
- Blackboard: learning environment for handing in assignments and finding lecture materials and information about courses. Some courses also use MS Teams.
- Outlook: You will receive important information from lecturers and university administrators via your student email address.
- Solis Workspace: offers all the applications you need for your courses.
Study spots: (you do not need to make a reservation to use them in KBG)
Studium Generale: free academic knowledge in the form of lectures, talk shows and other events.
Olympos: sports centre with a wide range of sports and fitness activities. Your OlymPas entitles you to a discount on sports and fitness fees.
Parnassos: cultural centre that offers a wide range of courses, productions and workshops.
@uubeta: Follow Faculty of Science on Instagram for student news and events.
Student website: on students.uu.nl you can find all information that is relevant for your specific master’s programme.