Study abroad

Exchange or Traineeship
If you want to go abroad to follow courses then you will go on 'exchange'. An exchange is usually for one semester (5 months), but can last for a full academic year at the longest. A bilateral agreement is needed between the university of your choice and Utrecht University or the Science faculty. If you want to do a research project or internship it is called ‘traineeship'.  For a traineeship a bilateral agreement is not necessary. Please note that the application procedures for stay and traineeship are different.

Information sessions

The Faculty of Science organises an info session on Studying Abroad each year. During the faculty info session, you will receive specific information for you as a Science student. This session will take place during the Study Abroad weeks in October.