Within all Master's programmes one or more research projects are mandatory. Please see ‘Study programme’ for general information on such projects in your curriculum. In many cases, a research project may be carried out outside of the university, in the form of an internship at a company, research institute, or another university. This can be in the Netherlands as well as abroad (see also: ‘study abroad’).
You are required to fill out the following forms in order to be able to either start or finish your research project or internship. Please fill out the forms digitally and use a print-out for signing and handing in. The documents require macros to be enabled in Word to use all of the form functionality. After approval of your registration you will be automatically registered in OSIRIS.
- Make sure to hand in the co-signed Research Application Form at the Science Student Desk prior to starting your project. Important: this form can only be filled out completely after you have discussed the project setup with your intended project supervisor!
- Please DO NOT register yourself in OSIRIS for the relevant research project courses. You will be automatically registered upon approval of the Research Application Form.
- Please note that this protocol (English version) applies when a project is delayed.
- In case of a project or internship outside of Utrecht University, please make sure you fill out the Work Placement Agreement in Osiris Student/My Cases. This agreement will be available for filling out in Osiris Student/My Cases after you have submitted your initial request for research project approval.
- If your project is split into two parts, your project supervisor will fill out the assessment form part 1 at the end of the first part of your project. At the end of your project your supervisor will fill out the assessment form part 2 and hand it in (in pdf) at the Science Student Desk in order to have your grade registered in OSIRIS.