Stay abroad

Go abroad to follow courses or for a research project or internship

If you want to go abroad to follow courses we call this ‘stay’. A bilateral agreement is needed between the university of your choice and Utrecht University or the Science faculty. If you want to do a research project or internship it is called ‘traineeship'.  For a traineeship a bilateral agreement is not necessary. Please note that the application procedures for stay and traineeship are different.

Information sessions

Each year the Faculty of Science organises one or several Study Abroad meetings. This session takes place in October during the Study Abroad weeks. Re-watch the Study Abroad Info Session of 2023-2024 here.