Within all Master's programmes one or more research projects are mandatory. Please see ‘Study programme’ for general information on such projects in your curriculum. In many cases, a research project may be carried out outside of the university, in the form of an internship at a company or research institute. This can be in The Netherlands as well as abroad (see also: ‘study abroad’). You are required to fill out one or more forms in order to be able to either start or finish your internship. More information about the research project, internships and how to apply.
You are required to fill out the following forms in order to be able to either start or finish your research project or internship. This project or internship may take place at Utrecht University or at one of our partners (a different university, research institute, or business).
Please fill out the forms digitally and use a print-out for signing and handing in. The documents require macros to be enabled in Word to use all of the form functionality. After approval of your registration you will be automatically registered in osiris.
- Make sure to hand in the co-signed Research Application Form at the Science Student Desk prior to starting your project. Important: this form can only be filled out completely after you have discussed the project setup with your intended project supervisor!
Specific for Nanomaterials Science students: In addition to the Application Form a Study Plan Form needs to be added which has to be discussed with the Programme Coordinator Dr. Annik van Keer.
- Please note that this protocol (English version) applies when a project is delayed.
- In case of a project or internship outside of Utrecht University, please make sure you have filled out the 'daily supervisor' section of the Research Application Form and also fill out this Work Placement Agreement.
- If your project is split into two parts, your project supervisor will fill out the assessment form part 1 at the end of the first part of your project.
- At the end of your project your supervisor will fill out the assessment form part 2 and hand it in at the Science Studente Desk in order to have your grade registered in Osiris.
- Specific for Mathematical Sciences students: please refer to these guidelines.
- Specific for Nanomaterials Science students: please refer to these guidelines.