Who to contact?

Have you run into a dead end in your academic progress or are you experiencing problems of a more personal nature? You do not have to tackle these issues on your own. Utrecht University has many members of staff who can assist and advise you. The University has a variety of specialized counsellors that you can contact.

In your study programme, you can find supervisors who you can visit for questions about your degree. For other questions Utrecht University has even more supervisors who you can approach. The overview below begins with the supervisors from your programme.

If you are struggling to decide who you should approach, or if you want to start tackling the problems yourself, you can use this overview of questions per topic as a guide.

Questions not related to your study programme

In some cases you may want to consult someone who is not related to your specific study programme. For example, if you fall behind due to extenuating circumstances or mental health issues, and it is not possible to correct this through an adjustment in your programme. If this is the case, you may use the contacts mentioned below.

We have put together some study tips and useful links and offer a number of workshops which can help you to improve your study skills.