- You're excellent - and therefore you can get an honours mark on your diploma. Find out more about the honours mark here. You do not need to have crazy good grades, as long as you can show that you're doing exciting stuff with and outside of the program.
- Looking for honor credit - Bashak and Fabiano have an interesting project that could be put to honors credit.
For the PACAS project, we have developed a service that suggests concepts from a domain ontology to a modeler based on what has been modeled in other models. For example, the safety modeler receives concepts as suggestions based on what has been modeled in the security model. The idea is to support modellers, increase collaboration among them to eventually produce better models.
We would like to evaluate our work and looking for some extra hands to help us organize an experiment to show that out method is indeed useful. A basic experimental setup would be where we have a multi-concern modeling project for multiple teams (e.g., class and performance models). We track the modeling progress via “commits” of models, and the service provides suggestions to the modellers as models other than theirs submit their commits. So the performance modeler gets a list of suggestions when a new version of the class diagram is committed. Helping us to set up this experiment is a cool task for honors student and we hope that you can put as in contact with potential candidates.
- Graduation projects - Please bookmark, if you still do that, this web site with all graduation projects. Please note there are also several software product management research positions available, just contact Slinger for more information.
- MOAC - There is a master education advisory committee for the department. If you ever have questions or complaints about your courses, feel free to take it up with a member of the MOAC. We are also looking for a new MBI representative for this committee.
- Do you want to contribute to the academic integration of refugee students at Utrecht University? InclUUsion has launched a buddy system to help them to get used to everyday life at Utrecht University. The buddy student will support the refugee students in various ways.
- Staying up to date - I noticed I never received much of an answer to my question last newsletter on what you use to stay up to date in the field. What do you know about BlockChain? Machine learning? SOx compliance? All terms that are probably uncommon in our program, but that you will hear plenty the moment you step out of our campus. We are looking at ways to keep you informed of new technologies and innovations. Would you be interested in receiving a magazine such as IEEE Software quarterly?
- NextGen Event - special price for 35 euros. It's stuff to do with data science. Also honors worthy activity.
What are we doing? Obviously preparing for next period. The courses of KM, SA, and DSS are preparing for a large number of students (50+ new MBI students in September, a new record) and looking forward to interesting times. For those of you interested in network analysis, feel free to check out this analysis of Game of Thrones family ties.