As student member you look after the interests of students within the Faculty. You manage the portfolios community building, internationalisation and alumni policy and maintain contacts with student associations and other student organisations in Utrecht on behalf of the Faculty of Science.
Ties Bakker is the current student member of the Faculty Board.
The Faculty Board consists of the following members:
- Vice-Dean of Education
- Vice-Dean of Research
- Faculty Director
- Student member
Tasks and responsibilities
As the student member you have the following duties aside from your duties in the Board:
- To promote and support student participation in other co-participation organs such as the Faculty Council, and the Board of Studies of the Undergraduate School;
- To support other student initiatives like student associations or activity committees and make sure that these students are able to execute their duties as well as possible;
- You achieve this by inviting them for meetings and trainings.
In brief, the student member is the representative of all Faculty of Science students and is expected to:
- Attend weekly Faculty Board meetings and contribute to policy making discussions on everything that is going on, especially those matters concerning students and education, in the Faculty,
- Be a member of the Board of Studies of the Undergraduate School (UGS). During monthly UGS Board meetings educational matters are discussed by the Departmental Heads of Education,
- Be a vital link between Faculty Board, Faculty Council, Student Societies and the student body.
Term of service
The student member of the Faculty Board holds a paid position. It is a valuable learning experience and good addition to your résumé. The position requires approximately 16 hours per week, which are mostly spent in meetings. The term for a student member is one academic year (Start on September 1st).
Are you a student member of the Faculty Board? Then you are entitled to financial support from the Faculty of Science in the form of a scholarship.
You can contact the residing student member of the Faculty Board by sending an email to email@example.com. Are you interested in this job? Applicants are welcome to send their résumé to the same email address annually in the first half of November.