|In spite of these exceptional times, we are here for you. Intake interviews and appointments will continue as usual, even with education, working and studying from home and all other measurments surrounding the coronavirus. The consultations take place via phone or video so that we can keep in contact with you.|
What do the PhD psychologists do?
The PhD psychologist offers psychological support when it comes to psychological problems caused by the promotion process or that have a direct effect on it. The support lies in between the help offered by staff welfare service and the general mental healthcare service (GGZ). The PhD psychologist is specialized in short-term treatment for:
- anxiety issues
- mood complaints
- concentration problems
- fear of failure
- motivational issues
All PhD'at Utrecht University.
How to book an appointment?
You can schedule an appointment for an intake interview below. During the intake interview the PhD psychologist will discuss the problems you are encountering and tries to find the best source of help for you. Depending on the reason for asking support there are a number of options after intake:
- one-off advice/ information
- (short-term) individual counseling
- group sessions
The PhD psychologist will think about referral in case of;
- situations in which long lasting or more specialized help is needed.
- severe problems, for example major depression or suicidal thoughts.
- complex problems that affect many areas of life at the same time (for a longer period of time).
- problems in cooperation in the work environment that would require mediation.
If you are referred to a general mental healthcare institution/ professional (GGZ), your general practitioner will need write you a formal letter of referral. Therefor it is important that you are registered with a GP in the Netherlands. The PhD psychologists knows about the available institutions/ professionals and will help you finding suitable support. You can also contact your GP directly in case you think more specialized help is needed.
What are the costs?
The costs for an intake interview are 25 euros. After this initial appointment any further appointments are free of charge. We accept payment through Ideal, Paypal or credit card. Please note: the fee is non-refundable, unless there is a valid reason for cancellation. Should you suddenly have to cancel or reschedule the appointment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (at least 24 hrs in advance).
No data available?
Sometimes there are no open slots for intake appointments. The PhD psychologists try to make new slots available every week, so make sure to check our website regularly.
In case of emergency we strongly advise you to contact your general practitioner. Your GP usually has time to see you at short notice.
According to the law about the safekeeping of personal information (AVG) it is better to send a file with sensitive personal information, like the intake form, via SURFfilesender.
- Go to www.surffilesender.nl
- Click on ‘send file’ and log in with your Solis-ID
- Fill in the e-mail address of the recipient, and select ‘encryption’.
- Make and share a password (take care: share the password in a separate e-mail, NOT via SURFfilesender. Chose a password you don’t use for other purposes. You can also choose an automatic generated password).
- Click on ‘send’