Utrecht University has special amenities for students that are acknowledged as Top-class Athletes. Students with one of the following (official) statuses can count on these amenities if they are registered as a Top-class athlete at Utrecht University:
- A-status: You’ve ranked within the top 8 internationally;
- Promise (Belofte): If there is a strong indication that you, as a young athlete, will shortly get an (inter)national talent-status;
- Bondsstatus (Bond status, since 1-1-2017)
- High Potential: If there is a strong indication that you, as a young athlete, will shortly be ranked within the top 8 or even the top 3 internationally;
- International Talent (IT): The status for international top talent (you belong to the best young athletes of your country and participate in the international competition);
- National Talent (NT): The status for national top talent (you belong to the best young athletes of your country);
- Selectiestatus (Select status, since 1-1-2017)
Do you wish to use Top-class Athlete facilities?
When you're an international student and you wish to use Top-class Athlete facilities, you may contact student counsellor Anne Hamburger. Anne will consider your request and will compare your status –preferably confirmed by the National Olympic Committee- with these Dutch statuses.
Extra amenities for Top-class Athletes can be:
- Study support, f.e. exemption from academic regulations;
- Financial compensation;
- Free use of the gym at our university’s Sport Center.
- Special graduation certificate.
Without a registered Top-class athlete status you cannot count on these facilities. Read the Top-class athlete policy to learn more.
Please note: We strongly encourage you to make an appointment well in advance. Otherwise, it may be too late for us to help you. Make sure you are well-informed before you start your studies at Utrecht University.
Student Counsellor Anne Hamburger
appointments via Student Services