With "Mobile printing via e-mail" you don't need a workplace to be able to print. It doesn't matter which device you use (tablet, laptop, smartphone) provided that you use your personal UU e-mail address as the sender to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does it work?
- You mail your document as an attachment to email@example.com.
- Wait for the confirmation in your mailbox.
- Release your job on any FollowMe Multifunctional printer at the UU.
Pay attention: the print possibilities of "Mobile Print via e-mail" are fewer than when you print via the Xerox App or from your workstation/laptop.
- You can't choose between black or colour. Black is standard. If you need to print in colour, use the Xerox app.
- You can't select staples.
- You can't select one-sided prints
- Only papersize A3 or A4. (When the paper size mismatches between your print job and the paper available in the printer, you can change it on the printer itself to scale it).
- The printer shows on the display the e-mail itself and the attachment as two separate documents. You can print both, or select the one you want to print or delete. Even when the e-mail contains no body text, it will be shown on the display.
- Remember that the e-mail plus the attachment may not exceed 20 mb.
- When sending an e-mail that contains an in-line image, Apple e-mail clients divide the e-mail structure causing each image to be seen as a normal attachment (separate printjobs).
- You can't print from a corporate e-mailbox.
These document types are accepted by the printer: *.doc, *.docm, *.docx, *.gif, *.jpe, *.jpeg, *.jpg, *.odf, *.odg, *.odp, *.ods, *.odt, *.pdf, *.png, *.ppt, *.pptm, *.pptx, *.rtf, *.tif, *.tiff, *.txt, *.xls, *.xlsm, *.xlsx, *.xdw.