The Board of the Faculty of Science is looking for a new student board member/student assessor, as of 1 September 2018.
As a student assessor:
- you are part of the Faculty Board: along with the dean, vice deans and faculty director you are discussing everything that happens within the faculty
- you form the link between the board, employee and student representation, student associations and students through communication with all parties
- you are well-informed about academic affairs through the University Council and other student assessors
- you are a member of the Undergraduate School's Board of Studies, you have monthly contact with the program directors about the undergraduate education of the faculty and everything that goes with it
This will cost you about 16 hours per week (flexible arrangements) and there is of course a financial compensation. You learn the ins and outs of a large faculty with respect to education, research, strategy, finance, management and personnel. Because of your involvement in the student community, you have a broad student perspective on these subjects.
- interested in a fun, educational, challenging position with great responsibility?
- available for one year, for approximately 16 hours a week?
- dedicated, critical, constructive, communicatively strong, proactive and reliable?
- at least a third year student with affinity or experience with governance and/or participation?
Interested? Please send your resume and motivation to Maartje Koppelman before 8 June 2018. You can also ask questions or ask for more information.