The contract with the current caterer Sodexo expires on 8 July 2020. That is why a tender process is being carried out to sign a contract with a caterer. It is expected that the Facilities Service Centre (FSC) will be able to announce who has won the tender in the first quarter of 2020. You can read about this on the intranet. In the meantime, the tender procedure will take place.
How does the FSC collect input from employees and students?
The FSC collects input from its employees and students for the tender in a variety of ways. An overview of this can be found below:
- A sounding board group that varies per project phase in which various target groups are represented, for example for formulating the vision on catering (end of 2018)
- Interactive sessions about subjects like assortment and sustainability (april 2019);
- Previous customer satisfaction surveys from the FSC (2016 and 2018);
- Play a part in the assessment of the tenderers:
- A delegation of the University Council will contribute to the assessment of the business plan that the tenderers hand in (December 2019 – February 2020)
- A number of employees that order a lot of banqueting are going to try various lunches from the tenderers (March 2019).
- Discussions with stakeholders: from the Executive Board, faculty directors and the University Council to demand managers, Faculty Council members and student assessors;
- Advice from UU experts in the field of sustainability and behavioral influencing, and from other organisations such as the Hogeschool Utrecht.
Vision on catering
The basis for the tender is the vision on catering that is based on the mission, vision and core values of the university, the strategic plan and discussions with different stakeholders. The vision is: The catering, retail and banqueting services of Utrecht University are inspiring, ambitious, sustainable, full of entrepreneurship and meet the needs of students, employees, visitors and residents in the field of food and drink. There is something for everyone!
Read more about the tender for catering
Would you like to know more about the tender? Please contact Anna Stamp-Jongbloed.