The UU education project Community-based Research for the Humanities is looking for a student assistant to help with external communication activities for an average of 8 hours per week (starting mid-January 2020). Minimal duration of the position is through summer 2020, with the possibility of extension of duties until summer 2021. Main responsibilities will include assisting with communication strategy and helping implement this, preparing content for the website and other social media, and publicising news and events.
The education project facilitates community-based research (CBR) for students and their academic supervisors. CBR involves active participation of the people whose lives are affected by the issues being studied for the purpose of producing knowledge useful for positive change. Candidates interested in fostering links between academia and broader society are thus especially encouraged.
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch
- Interest in helping develop creative communication strategies for project
- Willingness and ability to work with website and social media
- Interest in links between education, research and society
- Ability to work reliably and independently in line with project communication strategies
Applications (in English) can be sent by email to email@example.com. Send your CV and a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the position by Friday, 13 December 2019. Qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.