The Utrecht Young Academy seeks to hire a student assistant for the period of at least one year (possibility to extend) for 8 hours/week (starting from mid-January 2020). The Utrecht Young Academy is a select group of enthusiastic and ambitious young academics at Utrecht University. Set up in March 2017, it provides a platform to exchange critical perspectives on academia, policy, and society in Utrecht and beyond.
The student assistant’s main responsibilities will include communication, maintaining the website and other social media, and helping with organising events. The position is ideal for someone interested in a wide variety of academic disciplines.
- A (nearly-)completed bachelor’s degree;
- An excellent command of English and Dutch;
- A talent for writing (short summaries, reports, or announcements of events), and translation;
- A keen interest in research and education activities;
- A professional attitude and behavior that includes integrity and good communication skills (including ability to work with website and social media); and
- A proactive mindset and enthusiasm!
Applications (in English) can be sent by email by 1 December 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your CV, a short cover letter, and the most recent copy of your transcripts. Write “UYA Student Assistant Application” in the header of your email and clearly label all documents with your first and last names. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. Send an email to email@example.com for further information.