Vacancy for EDI Steering Committee student member
The EDI programme of Utrecht University is looking for an involved and motivated student to become a member of the EDI Steering Committee. Do you have a vision on Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and do you want to represent the interests of all UU students? Do you want to gain experience with a broad program in a complex organisation? Then this position is for you!
About the EDI Steering Committee
The Steering Committee consists of representatives from all faculties and the university administration. The two student members stimulate and contribute to the formation of opinions on EDI topics in the Steering Committee. They use their networks to gather input where necessary and to bring the university's EDI policy to the attention of staff and students.
The EDI strategy and action plan 2021-2025 is the basis for the current EDI program. The plan identifies goals and activities at the university level. The progress of current projects and the development of new EDI policy is coordinated in the steering committee. Proposals for new EDI policy at UU level are then submitted to the Executive Board.
We are looking for a student who:
- Knows what is going on among students and can advise the steering committee
- Is critical and driven;
- Is interested in and wants to think along with EDI-related themes
- Is sensitive and has a feeling for administrative relations;
- Is honest and can deal with confidential information;
- Has an insight into the context in which the university operates;
- Has strong communicative skills and good teamworking skills;
- Is able to quickly grasp new issues;
- Is a good discussion partner for the other steering committee members.
The meetings are 1.5 hours each month and require some preparation. If, in addition to the monthly meetings, you are involved in activities or think about policy, it will cost you more time. You will receive compensation for your work, in accordance with the volunteer scheme. The meetings and reports are in Dutch. A receptive language skill in Dutch is highly desirable.
We kindly invite students with various backgrounds to respond.
For more information and questions, please contact Brigitte Prieshof, program manager EDI, at 06-38297254 or by e-mail: B.M.Prieshof@uu.nl. You can apply by sending an e-mail with your curriculum vitae and a short motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to receive your reaction no later than 30 January 2023.