UWV is a Dutch government organization, it takes care of the implementation of employee insurances such as the Unemployment Insurance Act, Work and Income according to Work Capacity (WIA) Act and the Sickness Benefits Act. Some benefits may be exported abroad, for example to Bulgaria. In August 2020, employees of the UWV visit benefit recipients in Bulgaria. The visits are prepared and carried out by staff from the Intervention Team Abroad (ITB). The ITB consists of enthusiastic colleagues who would like to get to know other countries and cultures. For the visits to Bulgaria we are looking for enthusiastic and flexible interpreters.
You’ll make home visits together with an ITB employee. During the visits we need you to translate the conversation between the ITB employee and the beneficiary. In addition to interpreting, we also need your help on the road with collecting information and searching for addresses.
So we are looking for enthusiastic students:
- who speak Bulgarian and would like to share their love for Bulgaria with us.
- who don't mind traveling long distances in the car. This means that you sometimes spend a whole day in the car with our colleague looking for an address.
- who easily make contact with people and are able to adapt to different levels of communication. We also visit official bodies such as municipalities and police stations to collect information.
- who are adventurous in the broadest sense of the word and easy going. You don’t mind unexpected situations and you think in terms of solutions.
- who are flexible, both in working hours and in person. You are intensively on the road for two weeks with a stranger.
UWV pays a very reasonable wage and will cover your travel and accommodation expenses.
Interested? Send your motivation letter and resume before 1 April 2020 to Remco Boelsma (Coordinator Intervention Team Abroad) email@example.com. If you have any questions call 06-15575834.