The University Council meets with the Executive Board on 1 May. One of the subjects on the agenda is a memorandum of the University Council about the reinforcement of the student and employee representation. The council and board investigate how this can be realised. Do you want to visit the meeting? And hear what they discuss? Come to room 033 G in the meeting centre in the Administration Building (Heidelberglaan 8) from 10.00 till 12.00 hours on the 1st of May.
Subjects of the meeting
- Reinforcement of the student and employee representation: the University Council proposes the following things in order to reinforce the position of representation:
- Right of assent for the regulations about selection criteria and the selection procedure of studies (previously right of advice);
- Improvement of information supply for all participation councils;
- Financial means for Degree Programme Advisory Committees and councils e.g. for training, advice and official support.
- Annual report and annual account 2016: the Executive Board reports and gives account about what has been done in 2016 in the fields of research, education, operational management and finance.
- Implementation grading tables: this instrument replaces the Grade Point Average on the diplomas of bachelor and master students. Grading Tables provides a more objective insight into the scores of a student compared with fellow students.
Also have a look at: https://solisservices.sharepoint.com/sites/10107/
All students and employees of the UU can be present during the meeting with the Executive Board. You can listen but not participate in the meeting. This way you can hear what’s going on and how the University Council represents your interests. You can also contact a council member before the meeting in order to discuss one of the subjects on the agenda.
Report on website
Are you not able to attend the meeting? After the meeting you can find a report on the student site. Also take a look on the Facebook page of the University Council.
The University Council has six meetings a year with the Executive Board. All 24 members (12 staff and 12 student members) are present. Take a look at the meeting schedule.
Fred Toppen, voorzitter universiteitsraad, email@example.com, via tst. 4512/3887.