Are you looking for a job that is related to your study? Then working on the Playful Active Urban Living (PAUL) project might be something for you!
The PAUL project is an interdisciplinary research project in which an exercise application is being developed (the PAUL app). The PAUL app is designed for people who do not meet the physical activity guidelines (i.e., performing 150 min/week moderate physical activity and performing strength exercises two times a week). To motivate individuals to increase their activity level, the PAUL app consists of several special ‘persuasive’ functions, such as gamification and location-based information.
This fall, the PAUL app will be evaluated by performing an experimental trial with 50 residents of Amsterdam and Utrecht. During this intervention, participants can use the PAUL application for 6 weeks. Furthermore, they are asked to wear an accelerometer for two weeks, perform several online questionnaires and participate in a semi-structured interview. To carry out the study, we are looking for one (or two) enthusiastic master student(s). More specifically, we are looking for a master student who:
- has good Dutch language skills;
- is available from October to December (it is also possible to start earlier) for at least 75 hours in total;
- has a flexible schedule
- is willing to travel to Amsterdam on occasion (travel expenses will be reimbursed)
- has experience with performing interviews (not required)
- is reliable and organized.
The work activities which you will carry out are:
- visiting participants to provide the study materials and collect data
- performing exit interviews
- helping with the participant recruitment
What do we offer:
- a payed research internship;
- working experience in academia;
- the option to use the data of this study for your master thesis (in the second period)
How can you apply?
Are you interested? You can apply for this position by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include a short motivation letter, your CV (including the topic, supervisor and grade of your Bachelor thesis).
If you would like more information, don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.