Are you a student with a critical view on education? Are you curious about the ‘behind the scene’s at your faculty? Then we are looking for you!
Soon you can put yourself forward as a candidate for the Student Council (Studentenraad) of the medical faculty. In this message you can read more about the Student Council and how you can become a member. Together with staff members, the Student Council advises the board of our faculty and the board of directors of the UMC Utrecht on matters concerning academic education and research. During formal meetings and informal gatherings, we present the student’s perspective to the Dean of the faculty. Through the Council, students have a direct influence on the course of our faculty’s programs. Topics include, for instance:
- Teaching and Examination Regulations;
- Faculty budget;
- Policy and strategy of the UMC Utrecht in the areas education and research;
- Well-being, including burn-out prevention;
- Academic skills education and Internationalisation;
- Facilities, amongst them the bicycle parking spots.
The Student Council can also freely address any other topic it wishes. We can always appeal to our rights of initiative.