Student assessor Executive Board wanted
Are you an involved student and do you like to think along about developments in the field of education and studying at Utrecht University? Then can become a student-assessor of the Executive Board.
The Executive Board of Utrecht University is looking for a student assessor for the academic year 2023-2024. As a student member of the Executive Board you will discuss university policy, whereby your focus will mainly be on education- and student-related matters. You advise the Executive Board and bring the student perspective into the decision-making process. You maintain good relations with students within the university and are well-informed of what is going on among them. With this knowledge, you make an important contribution to decision-making at university level.
You participate as an advisor in the weekly meeting of the Executive Board, in the meetings with the University Council and in other consultations relevant to the performance of the function. You will also be involved in various projects. In doing so, you will also consult with various policy officers. There is also room for your own ideas. You consult regularly with the rector magnificus who is responsible for education and students in the Executive Board. You maintain a good relationship with the student assessors of the faculties, the Utrecht student organizations and students from the employee participation body.
If you are interested in the position of student assistant and meet the following profile, we would like to invite you to apply.
- You are interested in developments in the field of education and are aware of current issues in higher education and at Utrecht University;
- You know what is going on among students;
- You can communicate well in Dutch and English in speech and writing and you make contact easily;
- You can quickly grasp complex issues and are curious about new developments;
- You can work well independently and organising your work well;
- You take initiative and have integrity;
- You are enrolled as a student at Utrecht University and in the 2023-2024 academic year you are not fulfilling a management position in a student organisation, trade union or employee participation position at the university;
- Board year or co-determination experience, inside or outside the university is an advantage, for example as a faculty student-assessor.
You are appointed by the Executive Board for the period of one year. The appointment period runs concurrently with the academic year, from 1 September 2023 to 31 August 2024. The maximum duration of the position is 38 hours per week. The compensation is in accordance with the compensation for student assistants, for which you have to be student at Utrecht University.
The student-assessor is appointed by the Executive Board on the recommendation of an appointment advisory committee. The committee consists of the rector magnificus, the head of Students department, the Board Secretary the current studentassessor, a student member of the University Council and a representative of VIDIUS. The interviews take place in the second half of May.
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome staff and students from a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives. To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, a reference and a letter of motivation to the secretary of the committee Lennart van Wageningen: email@example.com. For more information or questions about the position, please contact the current student assistant Anneloes Krul: firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 43 14 12 64.
The application deadline is 1 May 2023.