On 3 September, the Start of the Academic Year will be festively celebrated in the Domkerk. The central theme this year is 'About balance and well-being' and is about the vitality of our university, its staff and its students. In addition, the rector will present the Student Awards. You are welcome to attend the opening. You can register now until 19 August at the latest.
As we prepare for a new academic year, we want to home in on the issue of work pressure and give it the attention it deserves. We will be presenting various perspectives on what it takes to achieve a better balance and well-being.
- Welcome by Annetje Ottow, Vice President of the Executive Board.
- Professor Tanja van der Lippe will offer a broad analysis of the concepts of busyness and balance in a society where institutions are shifting.
- The Utrechts Studenten Koor en Orkest provides the musical interlude.
- Rector Henk Kummeling presents the Student Awards.
- President of the Executive Board Anton Pijpers will focus more specifically on work pressure and balance at Utrecht University and on the consequences for each of us.
- Afterwards, the University Hall opens its Aula for a reception.
3 September 2018 16:00-17:15
The registration form is available until 19 August at the latest.
In the day itself we will broadcast a livestream.
Please note that the ceremony will be held in Dutch. Non-Dutch speakers will receive a translation of the speeches.