Pilot train the trainer
Are you passionate about diversity and inclusion? Looking for a meaningful extracurricular activity? Do you want to learn the skill set to host an impactful workshop? If the answer to these questions is a wholehearted YES; that means we are looking for you!
Train the inclusion trainer
At UU we pay special attention to creating an environment that is open to everyone. We feel it is vital that the university is accessible and inclusive. We therefore want to stimulate students to be considerate of one another and make sure all students feel they are part of a community. We highly value the participation of students in the ongoing improvement of our community and we therefore want to include you, as a student, in this process. To this end, we will launch a pilot to train dedicated students to become an inclusion trainer.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for second year students who want to become involved in diversity and inclusion at UU. We ask for second year students in particular so they can train first year students during the 2023 UIT-week and also later on during their third study year.
What is the structure of the programme?
The programme consist of 5 sessions:
If you want to participate in this training programme you should be able to attend the following sessions (you must at least be able to attend four out of five sessions):
- Session 1: Tuesday: 04-04-2023 / 13.00 – 17.00 Ruppertgebouw - 1.35
- Session 2: Tuesday: 11-04-2023 / 13.00 – 17.00 Bestuursgebouw - 0.33C
- Session 3: Wednesday: 10-05-2023 / 13.00 – 17.00 Bestuursgebouw - 0.33G
- Session 4: Tuesday: 23-05-2023 / 13.00 – 17.00 Bestuursgebouw - 0.33C
- Session 5: Tuesday: 06-06-2023 / 13.00 – 16.00 Bestuursgebouw - 0.33C
OPTIONAL Closing drinks: Tuesday: 06-06-2023 / 16.00 – 18.00 t.b.a.
Wat are the preconditions to join?
You are currently a second year student.*
- This programme is free of costs.
- We expect dedication to the programme, meaning you can only miss one session in order to successfully complete it.
- f there are problems with the planning it is possible to reschedule sessions 3 -5. This can be discussed as a group with the trainer during the first session.
- As a trainee you are willing to host at least one workshop during the UIT August 14 - 17 2023.
- You will be financially compensated for hosting your workshops. Further arrangements regarding this will be made during the final session.
*Please send an email if you are not currently a second year student and want to be placed on the waiting list.
Do you want to become our next inclusion trainer? Space is limited and the deadline for application is Friday March 24. Click here to reserve your spot!
If you have any questions please contact Jennifer Gravendaal EDI policy advisor at email@example.com