Make sure to register your stay abroad for your studies in Osiris
This message is only for students of the Faculty of Humanities
Are you going abroad for your studies, but not through a Utrecht University exchange programme? Then register your stay and the exact dates in Osiris. We will then be able to contact you if anything changes in the travel advice given by our government.
Examples of a stay abroad:
- as a visiting student through the programme
How to register?
You register your stay via the process IO-UIT ANDERS in Osiris. Make sure you mention the correct dates of your study stay. This way Utrecht University can easily contact you.
To travel or not to travel?
The UU follows the travel advice from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You are not allowed to travel to a region for which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued travel advice with a classification of an orange or red colour code. If the colour code is red or orange, programmes and examination boards are advised not to approve plans, award credits or provide subsidies for study-related activities in these regions. If an exception is granted with the colour code orange, you will be notified of this in Osiris and this will be taken into account.
If the travel advice changes to colour code orange during a stay, the individual student will always be contacted to discuss the situation and to see what the options are.
Please take the following into account as well:
- Check the government's travel advice regularly: https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/reisadvies.
- Be aware that because of COVID-19, a country may impose extra requirements on your arrival in that country, even if the advice given by the Dutch government is green or yellow.
- Go to https://students.uu.nl/en/corona/travel-exchange for useful information and tips, such as how to apply for the exemption.
- Do you have practical questions how to register in IO-UIT ANDERS? Please contact the Student Information Desk Humanities
- If a country has a green or yellow colour code, you may go.
- If a country has an orange colour code, you may not travel, but you may request an exception.
- If a country has a red colour code, you may not leave.