As of 1 September 2021 the board of the Faculty of Science is looking for a new student board member.
As student board member you are the student representative in the board of the Faculty of Science. Together with the dean, vice-deans and the faculty director you will discuss everything that is going on in the faculty, and are the linking pin between the faculty board, the students, the study associations and the participation and representation councils. From this role you contribute as an advisory board member to discussions about the faculty’s challenges concerning teaching, research, strategy, finances, professional services and staff. For this you will stay informed of developments at university level and stay in touch with what is happening in our student community. Besides being involved in policies on faculty level, you can also carry out your own projects and in this way bring about changes in the faculty.
As student board member:
- You take part in meetings of the faculty board
- You represent in particular the interests of students and teaching affairs and are well informed on what is going on amongst the students of the Faculty of Science
- You are a member of the Board of Studies (BoS) of the Undergraduate School (UGS) and are in contact with the programme directors on a monthly basis. You participate in discussions about the faculty’s teaching on Bachelor level and all that is related to this
- You are connected to the student board members of the departments, the student members of the programme committees and the student members of the Faculty Council
- You are the faculty’s contact person for the study associations
- You are the student member of the faculty’s Elective Committee
We are looking for a student of the Faculty of Science who
- Knows what is going on amongst students and can advise the board on this
- Easily makes new connections and is able to maintain an extensive network of contacts
- Is an excellent team player, pro-active and ethical, and has a sense of administrative relations
- Has good English and Dutch communication skills, of which the Dutch language skills include at least reading and listening
- Has affinity or experience with administration and/or participation, preferably this experience extends to administration and/or participation during the corona pandemic.
This position is 16 hours a week. The period of induction and knowledge transfer runs from half July to part of the summer period. The working hours are flexible and not bound to fixed days, with the exception of the meetings of the Faculty Board, the Board of Studies UGS and the Faculty Council. You will receive a financial compensation for your activities, in accordance with the regulation on compensation for board activities in administrative or advisory bodies of Utrecht University.
For more information and in case of questions you can contact the secretary of the board, Marieke Maas. You can apply by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, containing your curriculum vitae and a (short) motivation letter. Please do so ultimately by 28 May 2021. Interviews will be planned in June, after which the most suitable candidates will be proposed to the director of the Undergraduate School and the dean.