As of Friday 13th of March 2020, the executive board of the University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht) has decided to cancel the physical educational activities of the Faculty of Medicine, Utrecht University. This decision concerns the following study programmes: Biomedical Sciences (bachelor and Master), Medicine and Clinical Health Sciences. This means that all physical educational activities such as lectures, seminars, practical training activities and tests will not take place. Students will not have access to the Hijmans van den Bergh building. Consequently, the study landscape of the Hijmans van den Bergh building is also closed. In case you are a student of the Faculty of Medicine, you are also not allowed to follow classes at other faculties of Utrecht University.
This action is applicable from Friday 13th of March 2020 with a provisional end date of Tuesday 31st March. This decision has been taken to prevent further coronavirus infections as much as possible and to ensure that patientcare can continue at all times.
Continuing educational activities
All study programmes of the Faculty of Medicine are working on solutions to continue their education in a different way and to possibly prevent any study delay. Together with teachers, the study programme is currently working on digital education methods. Further information on these solutions and measures will be announced through your students e-mail address.
Information – Biomedical Sciences programme
- Further information about next week’s tests will follow as soon as possible.
- Research internships can be continued and students have to follow the Corona policy of their department.
- The same applies for internships abroad. However, we advise you to keep an eye on the travel advice of the specific country, by downloading the travel app (Android of iOS) of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and to register yourself. By doing so, you will be immediately informed in case the travel advice changes and you will be able to follow the instructions and advice of the authorities. Should you have any questions or doubts regarding your stay abroad? Please contact the International Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need or want to stop your internship, try to continue as much as possible by working remotely (e.g. for data analysis, reading literature, writing etc)
If you expect a significant delay, please contact ResearchProjectCoordinator@umcutrecht.nl
- Will you start a new internship before 31st of March 2020, please contact the following persons:
Other study programmes
Are you not a student of the Faculty of Medicine? The same applies to you: all physical educational activities of the Faculty of Medicine have been cancelled. In addition, we kindly request you to follow up on the policy of your own faculty.
For internships which will be continued: If you have influenza-like symptoms you need to stay at home and inform your supervisor and the STIP desk via STIP@umcutrecht.nl.
In case of any doubt of a possible Coronavirus infection, we advise you to call your GP or the Municipal Public Health Service (GGD) for advice and medical care.
Should you have any questions regarding this e-mail, please contact Study Information Point (STIP). STIP is available on working days from 9 am till 5 pm.
Phone number: +31 (0)88 75 53478
E-mail address: STIP@umcutrecht.nl