The votes have been counted and the results are clear! Over 7,500 students cast their votes for the University Council candidate of their choice. The total turn-out was 26.3%. Students were able to cast their votes from 8 through 10 May. The Central Election Committee announced the results during a public meeting in the Botanical Gardens on 12 May.
Do you want to know which employees and students obtained a place in the University Council? You find the students below and the employees via this link.
The following students will become the new members of the University Council from 1 September 2017, for a period of one year.
- S.J. (Sonja) de Wit, Veterinary Medicine - 624 votes
- G. (Gwennhwyfar) Jongebloed, Social and Behavioural Sciences - 606 votes
- S.L.E. (Sven) Rouschop, Humanities - 281 votes
- J.F. (Joost) Gadellaa, Law, Economics and Governance - 196 votes
- J. (Jonathan) Steinebach, Humanities - 119 votes
- R. (Robin) Wisse, Humanities - 154
- E.J.E. (Emma) Carpay, Humanities - 231
Partij voor de Utrechtse Student
- F.S. (Franka) Baardman, Law, Economics and Governance - 548 votes
- N. (Nicky) Cornelissen, Science - 417 votes
- G.J. (Guus) van Marwijk, Law, Economics and Governance - 200 votes
- J.L.M. (Juliette) Smits, Humanities - 269 votes
- D.J.H. (Derek) de Jonge van Zwijnsbergen, Science / Law, Economics and Governance - 387 votes
De Vrije Student
This new party did not succeed in obtaining a seat in the University Council.
Number of students: 29,851
Percentage of voting students 7,836 (26.3%)
For further information about the elections, please contact the secretary to the Central Election Committee, Anne Marie Partridge, Bestuursgebouw, Heidelberglaan 8, Room 519, Phone: 030-253 4355. She will be glad to be of help.