EWUU & Challenges
What is EWUU? The alliance of Eindhoven University of Technology, Wageningen University & Research, Utrecht University and University Medical Center Utrecht (EWUU) is a collaborative effort to tackle complex problems together. This unique collaboration brings together a diverse range of knowledge and talent to address important societal changes.
The challenges: EWUU will host a series of challenges focusing on various relevant topics. These challenges for students are designed to stimulate innovative thinking, and give students hands-on experience in tackling real world problems. Here is a brief overview of this year's challenges:
- Dutch Dairy Student Challenge: This challenge explores sustainable solutions for the dairy industry, with the goal of promoting the transition to sustainability.
- BITT (BIO-TECH-MED NUTRITION INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM TRAINING): BITT challenges participants to develop solutions that improve patients' well-being by addressing technical, medical and nutritional aspects of their treatment.
- Planetary Health and Climate Resilient Health Systems Challenge: The goal of this challenge is to identify and establish better relationships between people and Earth's natural systems so that societal needs can be met without overburdening nature.
- Interuniversity Sustainability Challenge: Participants will imagine and plan how a city should adapt to a 1.5-degree Celsius temperature rise, taking into account the challenges posed by global warming.
Acquired Skills: Participation in these challenges equips students with a wide range of skills, including but not limited to:
- Transdisciplinary collaboration
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Communication skills