The Faculty of Geosciences is looking for Student Ambassadors for the 2018-2019 academic year. As ambassador you get to inform and welcome prospective students from around the world with relevant and real information about your Master's programme. Because who better to share these insights than you?
Please apply if you are:
- a current national or international Master’s student.
- available from 1 September 2018 - 1 September 2019 (preferably a period of 1 year).
- The first meeting is planned for 18 September from 3 pm - 4.30 pm.
- enthusiastic about sharing your experiences with and talking to prospective students about your Master.
- willing to participate in several marketing activities and events to inform other students.
Throughout the year you will:
- represent your programme at the Master’s Open Day (twice a year).
- take a prospective student to a lecture you are taking (approx. three times a year).
- be in contact with prospective students on the Masters website via chat.
- contribute to promotional materials (optional) such as brochures or website.
- participate in two focus groups / brainstorm sessions with the Marketing Department to share thoughts and ideas about recruitment activities (plus a welcome and a good bye meeting).
- be requested for other opportunities to represent your Master's programme based on your time, skills and interests.
The role of ambassador will take approx. 30 hours throughout the year. You will receive payments for the hours you work at events (approx. 12 hours) and reimbursements for the time spent chatting in the form of gift vouchers (approx. 10 hours). You will be given a zero-hour contract via Topselect to declare your hours. The main reason to apply is because you would like to do something extra next to your studies that will look good on your CV. We will further help you improve your CV by offering a professional portrait photo and a reference letter.
Interested? Please send your CV to Katharina Thewes before 11 September 2018 via email: email@example.com. If you have any questions, you can also call her: +31 30 253 5001.