The Faculty of Geosciences presents two teacher awards to praise the work of our lecturers.
The jury has deciced on the nominees for the awards of the year.
Teacher of the Year
The Teacher of the Year Award is for lecturers who have teaching experience in an academic setting of more than five years. The nominees of this year are:
- Dr. Leo Paul (Human Geography and Spatial Planning)
- Dr. Frank van Laerhoven (Environmental Sciences)
- Dr. Arwen Deuss (Earth Sciences)
- Dr. Wouter Boon (Innovation Sciences)
The Teacher Talent award is presented to someone with less than five years of academic teaching experience. The nominees:
- Ingeborg van der Giessen MSc (Human Geography and Spatial Planning)
- Dr. Martin Ziegler (Earth Sciences)
- Alco Kieft MSc (Innovation Sciences)
- Mart Verwijmeren MSc (Environmental Sciences)
The jury consists of the Vice-Dean Education, the Educational Managers and two student members of the Faculty Council. The study societies have recommended the nominees. The winners receive a check of 1.500 euro, which is meant to be spend on work related issues like a study trip or books.The jury will announce the winners on 10 January 2017.
Congratulations to all the nominees!