Coordinator: Dr. Elena Fumagalli
The Research Master in Multidisciplinary Economics is a two-year programme (120 ECTS). Students will obtain a Master of Science (MSc) degree in Multidisciplinary Economics.
The first year of the Research Master in Multidisciplinary Economics consists of 60 ECTS, of which all the courses are mandatory (see table below).
All first year students will be enrolled for these mandatory courses by the Student Information Desk Economics.
First Year (each course is 5 ECTS)
The programme of the second year of the Research Master consists of the skills course (Research Skills 3: Research Proposal and Presentation Skills, 5 ECTS), several electives (25 ECTS in total), and the master thesis (30 ECTS).
Period 1, 2, 3: Electives (25 ECTS), list see below
- Students can choose from a list of electives in the second year offered by U.S.E. in collaboration with the University of Groningen (RUG), as well as some courses in the master profile Complex Systems (CS) for a total of 25 ECTS. The following restrictions apply:
- At least 3 courses are either USE/RUG or USE/CS in the type below.
- At most 2 CS courses are 7.5 ECTS.
- Students can select at most 2 other courses for your electives after approval by the master coordinator; possibilities include an appropriate USE academic master course (at most one), an appropriate other research master course at UU, or an appropriate course at another university.
Period (2), 3, 4
|Advanced Industrial Organisation|
|Advanced Behavioural Economics|
|Advanced Labour Economics|
|Introduction to Complex Systems|
|Algorithms in Finance|
|Simulation of ocean, atmosphere and climate|
|Causal Inference in Emperical Economics|
Course code: WUR/USE
|The Triumph of the City|
* Enrolment via University of Groningen
How to enroll?
- By the end of the first year, you will have a meeting with the research master coordinator in which the specialization of the second year is discussed.
- After this meeting, you can fill in the application form.
- The research master's coordinator has to sign this form for approval.
- You need to hand in the form at the Student Information Desk at least two weeks before the closing time of the regular enrolment period.
Please note: if you intend to do electives in Groningen, you will have to follow this procedure.