Your Solis-id is your username for most university services. You also use it to log on to university computers and the Utrecht University WiFi network. It is the same as the 7-digit student number you have received after your enrolment application in Studielink. You can find this in your messages in Studielink.
As a new student, you will receive your Solis-id via e-mail. In that same e-mail, you will find a link to the password portal where you are able to create your password.
- Forgot, change or create your password: Use the password portal
- Read the tips for a strong password and password management tools
More information can be found on the Solis-id page.
In the MyUU app for students you will find your grades from Osiris, your student card, your library card and your personal timetable. Download the app from Apple app store or Android's Google Play store. Once installed you log in with your Solis-id and password.
The MyUU portal on the student website offers:
- your timetable from MyTimetable;
- your results from OSIRIS;
- your study progress from OSIRIS;
- links to frequently used university systems and websites;
- a direct link to the homepage of your study programme.
The portal is accesible via this link or by clicking Log in in the top right corner of this website.
Use OSIRIS to register for courses, see your marks and enter a change of address.
The University has a digital learning environment called Blackboard. You can log in using your Solis-id and Solis password. Please note! Did you recently receive your Solis-id? It may take up to 24 hours until your account is activated in Blackboard. Please try again later.
Missed a lecture? Didn't pay enough attention? Visit the UU video platform (previously called Lecturenet). Here you can find a growing collection of recorded lectures.
MyTimetable is the timetable website of Utrecht University. More information on the MyTimetable page.
Every student has a Solis-mail address. This address has been sent to your private email address (during your registration). Please note that after you receive the email about your new UU email address, it may take up to one working day before you can log in.
Here's how to log in:
go to https://outlook.office.com;
use your university e-mail address (for example email@example.com), your Solis-password, and (if needed) 2FA to log on;
- for manuals (for example how to set up mail on your smartphone), visit the manuals website.
At the university, you can make use of the Wi-Fi network called 'Utrecht University'. Connect by using your credentials;
- username: your UU email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Does this not work? Try email@example.com instead;
- password: your Solis password.
Looking for instructions about how to configure Wi-Fi on your device? Visit the manuals webpage.
Please note that older devices (OS) may not connect to wifi due to safety reasons.
- Access your personal files on your U drive from another location (off-campus): see the page about your personal storage for instructions.
- Use Microsoft Teams (Office 365) to collaborate (chat, meetings, share files).
- Use the software for your studies (using whatever device you want) with SolisWorkspace.
The U drive is your personal network storage where you have 1 GB available for your files. You can access your U drive via one of the university computers or via MyWorkplace. See the manuals website for how to access MyWorkplace. In this way you always have access to your files.
All employees and students can use OneDrive (Office 365) free of charge. You have 1 TB of storage.
Using SURFfilesender you can send files to anyone you wish, including people outside Utrecht University and organisations without a SURF licence. If someone wants to send you files, you, as a SURFfilesender user, can send them a 'voucher'.
By using SolisWorkspace, you can access software that you need for your studies, such as SPSS, Mathematica, MatLab, NVivo or Stella. You can use the software using anytime, any place, using devices with Windows, Apple or any other operating system. For more information, visit the page SolisWorkspace.
You can also buy software and hardware with a discount on SURFspot.nl. (Click on "English" at the upper right corner on the website.) Log on using your Solis-id and password.
Utrecht University also offers some applications and suites (such as Microsoft Office 365) which you may install locally (and free of charge) on your own laptop or computer.