Within the Master’s Programme it might be possible to take a look behind the scenes of an organisation, by doing external research as part of your Master's thesis.
If you would like to make use of this possibility, it is advisable to prepare yourself at an early stage. First of all, contact your master's coordinator. Further, make sure that:
- You know which requirements external research should fulfill, as a part of the Master's thesis.
- The external organisation can put an adequate and active supervisor at the student’s disposal.
- The external research fits in with the expertise of the primary supervisor from U.S.E.
- The external research contains a clear-cut assignment and time path, which guarantee that the student will not become pressed for time.
- Preferably, the external research is arranged as early as December.
- Note that: the external research is considered complete only if the student, the external organisation and the primary supervisor from U.S.E. approve of the problem statement, methodology and output. The external research’s output is made available to the primary supervisor of U.S.E.
For more information on this possibility, please check the heading 'Thesis' under 'Study Programme' in the menu on the left-hand side of this page.