THE LLM'S HONOURS PROGRAMME
- Are you looking for extra academic depth and challenge during your LLM?
- Are personal and professional development key for you?
- Do you want to establish professional contacts that contribute substantially to your learning process?
- Are you looking to develop your professional lawyering skills in a legal clinic setting?
The LLM's Honours Programme of Utrecht Law School (in Dutch: Honoursprogramma) may be just what you are looking for!
The Honours Programme is designed for excellent, motivated, and enthusiastic students who want to enrich their master’s studies. This is an Honours Programme pursued in addition to the regular Master’s programme. It focuses on academic depth and opportunities for personal and professional development.
WHAT DOES THE LLM’S HONOURS PROGRAMME ENTAIL?
- Monthly evening meetings: in small groups, you co-organise content meetings for the other honours students.
- The clinical programme: as part of the monthly meetings, you take part in lawyering and research skills trainings. You subsequently learn to apply these skills to the subject matter of your own LLM by producing legal and policy memoranda for real clients, acting under the supervision of a lecturer.
- The law and literature project: you read, review, and present a work of fiction related to law. Read an inspiring example written by our honours students; a review of Isaac Asimov’s I, Robot.
- Social activities: you to get to know the other honours students in a social environment.
WHAT WILL THE LLM'S HONOURS PROGRAMME BRING ME?
- You will be exceptionally well prepared for a successful career as a lawyer, either in a law practice or in academics.
- You will have established a sound network of motivated peers and professionals.
- You will have partially designed your own master’s programme and, therefore, will have contributed to aspects of your personal and professional development that you think are important.