Utrecht University School of Economics has its own study association, ECU'92. They organise all sorts of activities, such as excursions, parties, drinks, receptions and talks. This is a way of quickly getting to know your fellow students.
Studying at Utrecht University means studying in a vibrant city, with a good atmosphere. Do you wish to get inspired? Check out our students blogs to gain an insight into life in Utrecht from students already studying here.
Curious who will be your classmates?
Since we wish you the best experience at the Utrecht University, it is important that you get to know your classmates and other (international) students. Therefore we suggest you to check the app called: Goin’ (find internationals!). This app, developed by students for students, allows you to get in contact with other students based on your hobbies, interests, your study and more before even being in Utrecht!
You can download the app down here:
Login with the following code to get access: 46835
Team up with a Dutch buddy
We know that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, your international experience and education will look and feel very different next semester (and perhaps beyond). To make sure that you feel sufficiently supported within our faculty, we are therefore offering a customized Academic Buddy programme this year, where you will be matched with a buddy from Utrecht University who is planning to study in your home town or country in the future. To take part in this scheme, you should sign up for the Academic Buddy programme.
Utrecht bustling student community is made up of many different student organisations. Some of these focus on having a good time while others centre around a religion, a sport or a shared cultural interest (singing, photography). More than 100 of these are officially recognized by Utrecht University as student organisations.
- Unitas SR
- Utrechtsch Studenten Corps
- Utrechtsche Vrouwelijke Studenten Vereeniging/NVVSU
- C.S. Veritas
- Federation of social student organisations in Utrecht (Federatie van Utrechtse Gezelligheidsverenigingen)
- AEGEE Utrecht - Association des Etats Généraux des Etudiants de l'Europe
- AFD Utrecht - Social entrepreneurship projects in Asia, Africa en Latin America
- AIESEC - International internships and voluntary work
- BuddyGoDutch - Organisation that helps international students meet Dutch people so that they can learn about each other’s culture.
- ESN - Utrecht Erasmus Student Network
- SIB - Dutch United Nations Student Association
- Dutch Student Orchestra (national)
- Het Kunstorkest - Utrecht Students Baroque Ensemble
- Het Huisorkest
- Medusa - Female student choir (only available in Dutch)
- Studenten Toneelvereniging STUK
- USSB Big Mondays - Utrechtse Studenten Big Band
- US Cantorij
- US Concert
- Utrechts Studenten Koor en Orkest
- KOSMU - Coordinating body of student music ensembles in Utrecht
- Badminton - SB Helios
- Basketball - SBU / USBF
- Bicycle racing - USWV De Domrenner
- Board sports - Spin
- Dancing - Studance / USDV U Dance (ballroom)
- Equestrian - USR Hippeia
- Floorball - Jungle Speed
- Football - USVV Odysseus '91
- Gymnastics - U-Turn Utrecht
- Handball - HV Beertje
- Hockey - USHC
- Climbing - USAC
- Korfball - USKV Hebbes
- Rowing - AUSR Orca / USR Triton / Varsity
- Rugby - USRS
- Sailing - US Histos
- Skating - USSV Softijs
- Squash - US Beat It
- Table tennis - UST Traiectum
- Tennis - TC de Uithof
- Volleyball - USV Protos / VV Van Slag
- Student Sport Union - Sportraad Utrecht
- Dekoor - Close-harmony choir
- Het Kunstorkest - Utrecht student baroque ensemble
- Het Huisorkest - Student band
- Medusa - Student women's chorus
- Strijkorkest Zoroaster - String orchestra
- Utrechts Blazers Ensemble - Brass ensemble
- US Cantorij - Liturgical choir
- US Concert - The Netherlands' oldest symphony orchestra
- USDV U Dance
- Utrechts Studenten Koor en Orkest - Student choir and orchestra
- ViaKunst - A small, creative student society dedicated to art and culture
- Anteros - LGBT+ student association
- OER - Education Evaluation Report
- Ragweek - Yearly week-long event at which students raise money for charity.
- Stukafest - Student-room music & arts festival
- Studentencommissie Ufonds
- Utrecht Introduction Time (UIT)
- UUMUN - Utrecht University Model United Nations
- UDS - Utrecht Debating Society
- VIDIUS Studentunion - For everyone who studies in Utrecht (Labour union, representation, legal advice, workshops)
Sports Centre Olympos
Sports Centre Olympos (De Uithof) has to offer more than sixty different sports, fitness facilities, tennis courts, squash courts and other facilities.
Students who professionally practise sports can, in some cases, claim extra (financial) support for student athletes.
More sports in Utrecht
For more information on sport in Utrecht visit the website utrecht.nl.
Parnassos cultural centre
Parnassos offers courses in music, theatre, photography, the expressive arts, dance, and much more. You can also watch films, visit concerts and use the facilities that Parnassos offers. More information: Parnassos Cultural Centre.
University museum Utrecht
In the University Museum you can look through the eyes of past and present scientists. Every season the museum offers a new exhibition.
More cultural activities in Utrecht
- Stadsschouwburg Utrecht offers reduced rates to students of Utrecht University: from 30 minutes before the start of the performance, students can buy a ticket for € 10, provided that you can show your student card. This offer is limited to one ticket per person. For more information see www.stadsschouwburg-utrecht.nl.
- Overview of cultural activities at Utrecht University and in the city of Utrecht.
- If you wish to know more about what Utrecht has to offer, please refer to Uitagenda Utrecht (in Dutch).
There are also various choirs, orchestras and other cultural student organisations which you can join.