Our special ICT orientation page contains detailed information about the most important ICT facilities that UU offers students.
You need a Solis ID in order to log into all the digital facilities at UU. Have you forgotten or do you not know what your Solis ID is? Please contact our helpdesk via email@example.com, 030-253 8100 (available Mon-Fri between 11 am and 3 pm).
You will receive your Solis ID and Solis password in two separate emails. Have you forgotten your password? Please go to the password self-service.
The UU offers a variety of resources that you need for your studies:
- UU Gmail
You receive your student mail via UU Gmail. You received your email address in a message sent to your private email address when you enrolled. Your user name is your email address (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The MyUU-app contains your marks in Osiris, your student card and your personal timetable. You can download the app in the Android and Apple app stores.
Our digital learning environment Blackboard is where you can submit assignments, where information about your courses is posted etc. It may take a little while before you are able to log into Blackboard if you have just received your Solis ID.
You register for courses in Osiris. You will also find your marks and address information here.
- Course planner
The course planner is a digital tool that helps you to plan your studies and find out which courses you still need to take and are eligible to take.
MyTimetable is the Utrecht University's timetable site. Log in using your Solis ID and password. You will find more information on the page about MyTimetable.
MyWorkplace gives you access to software for your studies at any time, any place and for free.
Printing and copying
To print, photocopy and scan documents you use a personal smart card, for example your OV chip card. You can then print your print job at any printer in the university. Please note: your card is only used to identify you at the printer. Your print credit is linked to your Solis ID, not your OV chip card. You can top up your print credit via the online portal.
Working online & software for students
- Every student is allocated personal storage space for files, known as the U drive, which offers 1GB of space. You access your U drive via a web browser, your own laptop, or one of the university computers.
- You can use Google Drive to save your files in the cloud. You can also share these files with other students to be able to work on the same file together.
- You can use Filesender to send files to everyone, including people outside Utrecht University and organisations that are not connected to SURF. If someone wants to send you files, as a SURF Filesender user you can send them a voucher.
- Met MyWorkplace provides you with access to software you need for your study anywhere. It is independent of the operating system installed on your device.
- UU offers several packages, such as Office 365, that you can install locally on your personal laptop or computer.
- You can also purchase software and hardware at a discount from Surfspot. Log in using your Solis ID and password.