Before applying online:
- Download the format of a study plan from the website (”Prepare the required documents”);
- You have to make a study plan for your first choice partner university only. Attach the courses' titles, descriptions, levels, course codes, prerequisites and literature. Check how many ECTS you will need to receive abroad and mention the number of courses that correspond with this. Ensure that the courses you choose are open to exchange students, that they do not overlap with courses you have already taken at Utrecht and make sure they are at a sufficient level;
- Make an appointment with one of the study advisors through www.students.uu.nl/studyadvisoruse to discuss your study plan. Only study plans signed by the study advisor for an initial approval can be accepted.
Please note: The study plan is not the official approval. You will need to get this from the Board of Examiners AFTER you are enrolled for the courses at the partner university.
While making your study plan, please consider the following:
* Students with a dedicated minor can spend a period studying abroad, this is encouraged.
If the partner university offers courses in the direction of your dedicated minor, please ensure you choose these courses. However, this may not be possible at all partner universities, and for this reason U.S.E. is flexible in approving courses to be included in the dedicated minor. Please note, it is important to choose courses which can substitute minor courses. This means that the courses are required to be at a comparable level (level 3 for 3rd year students).
* Include a proposal on how you want the courses to count towards your exam programme. (For example, as a major-related elective, as an optional course profile.) Also include the level of the courses. You can only take a course as a substitution of a required course, if there is an overlap regarding level and content of at least 80%. The more information you include in your proposal, the quicker and easier it is to decide whether the courses will be approved.
* Upload the signed study plan and all other required documents as part of your on-line application in Osiris Student. You will receive an automatic generated email your application has been received and will be processed as soon as possible.