How to upload your thesis
How to upload your thesis in Utrecht University's thesis archive
Once you finished your thesis is finished and it has been approved as well as assessed, you will receive an email with the request to upload its final version to Utrecht University's thesis archive. This is mandatory. Still haven't received an email? It might take some time before Osiris has processed your thesis assessment.
- Go to Osiris Student > Cases
- Choose Archive & publish thesis - Follow-up Case
- Archive and publish your thesis
Your thesis will remain in Osiris for 7 years.
Master's student? Publish your thesis
Are you a master's student? In that case, you can publish your thesis for visibility through Google/WorldCat. You publish your thesis by ticking the appropriate box. Bachelor theses do not have to be published.
You can also choose not to publish your thesis, for example because you will be doing further research. In that case, you can set an embargo date. This allows you to block your thesis until a certain date. If you still want to publish your thesis at a later date, please contact the Student Information Desk Humanities.
What should you consider when uploading your thesis?
- Upload the final version, i.e. without comments and/or markings.
- Be cautious about including personal details (e.g. telephone number).
- You are responsible for any copyright infringement.
More information or questions?
- Thesis and privacy
- Still have questions? Please contact the Student Information Desk Humanities