Digital history thesis award
The Department of History and Art History annually awards prizes for the best undergraduate, graduate and research master's thesis in digital history:
- € 500,- for the best BA thesis in digital history
- € 750,- for the best MA thesis in digital history
- € 750,- for the best RMA thesis in digital history
With this award we aim to stimulate digital historical research among students.
When is a thesis eligible?
Your thesis qualifies if you have successfully applied digital methods or techniques in it:
- The answer to the research question relies predominantly on digital methods or techniques.
- All digital methods are allowed: from digital text analysis to GIS and from network analysis to 3D modeling.
- The method is based on existing software or on (your own) programming code (in R or Python, for example).
- Your thesis is written in the academic year 2022/23.
To submit a thesis
Please send an email to Pim Huijnen before 15 September 2023, including the following information:
- Subject: Thesis prize Digital History
- Attachment: he thesis itself (as .doc or .pdf)
You can both be nominated by thesis supervisor or you can compete on your own initiative.
- Joris van Eijnatten (Professor of Digital History, head of the NL eScience Center Amsterdam)
- Pim Huijnen (Assistant professor of Cultural History, Coordinator of the GKG Digital History Group)
- Ortal-Paz Saar (Assistant professor for Ancient History and Classical Civilization
- Selin Dilli (Assistant professor for Economic and Social History
Send an email to Pim Huijnen: email@example.com