The Bachelor's programmes in Taal- en cultuurstudies and Liberal Arts and Sciences and the Master's programmes Neerlandistiek, Religie en samenleving, Musicology and Contemporary Theatre, Dance and Dramaturgy will pilot flexible study. This means that in these programmes, you can register and pay per course. This allows you to choose for yourself how many courses you want to take each year, and your tuition fees will be adjusted accordingly.
To be able to participate, you have to switch to flexible study as of September.
At the moment, flexible study is a pilot running up to and including the academic year 2023-2024. After that, the pilot program will come to an end until further notice.
Flexible study conditions
It is only possible to continue your programme as a flex student if you (re)register as a full-time student and meet one of the following criteria:
- You wish to work and study at the same time.
- You're an elite athlete.
- As a student board member, you will receive at least € 425 as a compensation for board activities.
- You provide informal care for a family member.
- You have a chronic illness or disability.
You cannot participate in flexstudy if you are a contract student, premaster student or part-time student.
See the first fold-out below, for a more detailed description and explanation of the conditions. Would you like to know more? Please contact Quirine van der Steen (contact person Flexstudy).
Minimum number of credits
You need to register for at least 15 EC of courses per academic year. Make sure to check the entry requirements beforehand.
For each EC you pay 1/60 of the statutory tuition fee plus 15%.
How does it work?
- Go to Studielink and Submit an enrolment application.
- Sign up for flex study via Osiris > Cases > Start case > 04. Policies and procedures > HUM: Application flexible study. Make sure to register before 1 August at the latest. Did you not find out prior to 1 August that you belong to one of the target groups and would you like to participate? Please contact Quirine van der Steen.
- Prior to 1 August, make sure to book an appointment with your programme's Study Advisor.
- Make sure to fill in a study pan via Osiris > cases > policies and procedures > flex study one week prior to your appointment.
- If you meet the requirements and your study plan is approved, you will receive a formal notice you can participate in flex study in the second half of August.
- Register for the courses in your confirmed study plan during the course enrolment period.