Binding study advice
This bachelor is subject to a binding study advice (BSA). The BSA is a decision by the Board of Examiners about the continuation of your studies, based on your study progress.
Because of the current Corona crisis, the rules concerning BSA have been adapted for this academic year:
- positive BSA: at least 45 EC at the end of the academic year.
- negative BSA: 7,5 EC or less at the end of period 2 and less than 45 EC at the end of the academic year. You may ask the Board of Examiners to take special personal circumstances other than the Corona crisis into consideration when making their decision. See below under > Special personal circumstances.
- deferral / postponed BSA: 15 EC of more at the end of period 2 and less than 45 EC at the end of the academic year. You will receive a positive BSA if you have obtained at least 60 EC at the end of your second academic year, of which at least 45 EC in first-year courses.
You will receive your BSA at the end of July at your students.uu.nl e-mailadress.
If your binding study recommendation comes back negative, you may not enrol in the degree programme again for another four years.
Interim study recommendation
At an earlier point during the academic year, you will receive what is called the 'interim study recommendation'. This recommendation is not binding. It is issued in or before January of the first year of study, and is based on the results of the first study period. You will receive:
- a positive interim recommendation for 15 EC or more;
- a progress warning for 7.5 EC;
- a negative interim recommendation for 0 EC.
Terminating your enrolment before February 1st
If you want to drop out of your current degree programme and you terminate your enrolment before February 1st (through Studielink), you will not receive a binding study advice and will be able to make a fresh start with the degree programme next year. Please note that this only applies in the first year that you are registered for your current degree programme.