The Bachelor's programme in Media and Culture lasts 3 years and has a study load of 180 EC.
- 120 EC Major (your programme's main subject) - years 1, 2 and 3
- Year 1: 2 core profiles (60 EC)
- Year 2: specialisation (30 EC), academic context course (7.5 EC) and a compulsory elective course (7.5 EC)
- Year 3: Bachelor thesis preparation (7.5 EC) and bachelor's thesis (7.5 EC)
- 60 EC Electives (optional course profile) - year 2 and 3
- Optional course package (30 EC), with a minor, a second specialisation from your own study programme or a study abroad programme
- Free courses (30 EC) from all the courses Utrecht University has on offer
Which courses you will need to take depends on the year you started your programme.
Study programme per start year
The Education and Examination Regulations (OER) state exactly which requirements you must meet in order to graduate and what you must do in case you failed to complete any of your courses. You will graduate when you meet all the requirements.
Below is an example of a study plan in the drop-down box:
Started in 2022
Questions about your study plan?
Do you need help with your study planning? You can always refer to My planning in the Course planner or contact your study advisor or your tutor.
Approval, study progress, marks and entry requirements
If you want to deviate from the exam programme mentioned in the Education and Examination Regulations, you will have to ask for approval beforehand. If your request is approved, it will eventually also be entered into OSIRIS, and incorporated into your examination programme and study progress overview.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Student Information Desk.