Are you unable to take part in a test due to illness or force majeure? In that case, make sure to fill in our test deregistration form before the start of your test. If you are unable to attend a lecture, please contact your lecturer. Please note that you have an 80% attendance requirement.
When can you retake a test?
You may retake (repair) a test in the following cases (all 3 need to apply):
- If you have an unsatisfactory mark for a compulsory partial test and
- if you have obtained a final mark for a course between 4 and 5.5 and
- if you have been unable to take a compulsory partial test or final test due to illness or force majeure and you have deregistered via our test deregistration form.
This applies to all types of tests, i.e. (partial) tests, presentations, oral examinations, papers or other forms of testing.
Resits in case of illness and force majeur
- Fill in the deregistration form before your test starts. You will automatically receive a confirmation.
- Inform your course coordinator by email about your absence in the test (e.g. by sending the confirmation of step 1). For reasons of privacy, you may remove the cause of your absence.
- Do you have proof of absence? In that case, submit your proof by email to your Study Advisor, no later than 5 days after your deregistration. Please mention:
- your name
- programme name
- student number
- course name
- course code
- Submit a resit request to the course coordinator as soon as possible.
The course coordinator will determine the test's form, content and date.
If your request for a resit is rejected
In case your request for an additional or replacement test is rejected and you are of the opinion that you are entitled to it, you may submit your request to the board of examiners.
What to do in case of corona
- Lectures & Illness
Report to your lecturer. Ask a fellow student if you can take over the notes afterwards. Do you want to follow the lecture from home? Since we no longer have a livestream for lectures, the best thing to do is to ask a fellow student if you can listen to the lecture on their phone or computer.
- If you miss education for a longer period of time because of corona
In principle, you should attend 80% of all lectures. If you are absent for a longer period, please contact your lecturer as well as the study advisor. If you are able to attend your study group online, you may ask a fellow student to switch on Teams for you during class.
- Absence from an exam
Always use the test deregistration form to cancel your attendance. If you are cancelling because of corona, the same resit rights apply as when you are cancelling for other reasons: you may only cancel once with retention of the first test opportunity.