Student supervision

It can be difficult sometimes to navigate a huge organisation like Utrecht University. This is why there are numerous people you can go to for supervision and advice:

  • Lecturer
    Lecturers are the first people for you to contact if you have questions or uncertainties about a course.
  • Programme Coordinator
    Your Programme Coordinator is there to respond to general questions about your Master's programme.
  • Study Advisor
    The Study Advisor is a confidential advisor and acts as a mediator between students and lecturers. He or she can help you with problems involving academic motivation, delays, exemptions, absence from exams, studying abroad, a plan of study that does not follow the conventional routes etc.
  • Student Information Desk Humanities
    For study-related questions and information about practical matters involving education.

Other types of supervision

  • Student Psychologist
    A student psychologist can help you resolve personal and study-related problems that can interfere with your academic progress. 
  • Skills lab
    At the Skills Lab, you can take training courses and the like to sharpen your academic skills (better and more effective study, research or communication). 
  • Career Services
    Career Services helps you get acquainted with the job market. This is where you can go for career training, an assessment of your application letter or CV or an individual consultation, and more.