BINDING STUDY ADVICE
This bachelor is subject to a binding study advice (BSA). The BSA is a decision by the Board of Examiners about the continuation of your studies, based on your study progress. It is possible to obtain 60 EC during the first year, if you keep to the prescribed pace. If you obtain 45 EC or more during your first year, you will receive a positive BSA and may re-enrol next year. If you do not succeed in obtaining 45 EC, you will receive a negative BSA and are not allowed to continue with the study programme. To give you as much support as possible, you will meet at least twice with your tutor during the first year to discuss (primarily) your study progress, motivation and choices.
You will receive your BSA at the end of the first year at your students.uu.nl e-mailadress.
- positive BSA: at least 45 EC. Please note: credits obtained prior to this year or exemptions granted by the Board of Examiners do not count toward the required 45 EC.
- negative BSA: less than 45 EC
If your binding study recommendation comes back negative, you may not enrol in the degree programme again for another four years.
INTERIM STUDY RECOMMENDATION
At an earlier point during the academic year, you will receive what is called the 'interim study recommendation'. This recommendation is not binding. It is issued in or before January of the first year of study, and is based on the results of the first study period. You will receive:
- a positive interim recommendation for 15 EC or more;
- a progress warning for 7.5 EC;
- a negative interim recommendation for 0 EC.