Study Spots & Online Facilities
You need a Solis ID in order to log into all the digital facilities at UU. Have you forgotten or do you not know what your Solis ID is? Please contact our helpdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org, 030-253 8100 (available Mon-Fri between 11 am and 3 pm).
You will receive your Solis ID and Solis password in two separate emails. Have you forgotten your password? Please go to the password self-service.
The UU offers a variety of resources that you need for your studies:
- Solis mail
You receive your student mail via https://outlook.office.com. You received your email address in a message sent to your private email address when you enrolled. Your user name is your Solis ID, password and 2FA)
The MyUU-app contains your marks in Osiris, your student card and your personal timetable. You can download the app in the Android and Apple app stores.
- MyUU portal
In the MyUU portal you will find your study progress, your student email, grades, timetable and a direct link to your study programme page.
Our digital learning environment Blackboard is where you can submit assignments, where information about your courses is posted etc. It may take a little while before you are able to log into Blackboard if you have just received your Solis ID.
You register for courses in Osiris. You will also find your marks and address information here.
- Course planner
The course planner is a digital tool that helps you to plan your studies and find out which courses you still need to take and are eligible to take.
MyTimetable is the Utrecht University's timetable site. Log in using your Solis ID and password. You will find more information on the page about MyTimetable.
SolisWorkspace gives you access to software for your studies at any time, any place and for free.
Printing and copying
To print, photocopy and scan documents you use a personal smart card, for example your OV chip card. You can then print your print job at any printer in the university. Please note: your card is only used to identify you at the printer. Your print credit is linked to your Solis ID, not your OV chip card. You can top up your print credit via the online portal.
Working online & software for students
- Every student is allocated personal storage space for files, known as the U drive, which offers 1GB of space. You access your U drive via a web browser, your own laptop, or one of the university computers.
- You can use Filesender to send files to everyone, including people outside Utrecht University and organisations that are not connected to SURF. If someone wants to send you files, as a SURF Filesender user you can send them a voucher.
- Met MyWorkplace provides you with access to software you need for your study anywhere. It is independent of the operating system installed on your device.
- UU offers several packages, such as Office 365, that you can install locally on your personal laptop or computer.
- You can also purchase software and hardware at a discount from Surfspot. Log in using your Solis ID and password.
Borrowing study material
Available study places
You can book a study place in Utrecht University Library on bookings.uu.nl. The University libraries have many study places available with or without PCs including in the University libraries.
As a Humanities student you can find available places to study in the centre of Utrecht, but also in the Uithof (Utrecht Science Park). During exam periods the libraries, among other buildings, have longer opening hours and there are additional study places available. In the evening it is less busy in the libraries. .You can reserve a spot in these buildings through Resource Booker.
Rules study places
Everyone gets to use the study places, but do keep the following rules in mind. They can differ somewhat per building.
- In the libraries you can leave your place for a maximum of 30 minutes. If you leave for a longer period of time, your belongings will be put away and another person can take your place.
- You can not eat food at (computer) study places. You are allowed to bring a closed bottle of water with you.
- You are not allowed to make phone calls at study places.
- After use, leave the place clean. Throw away trash, put the seats and tables back in the original position.
- Only use a study place for studying, not for private matters.
Study material: bound readers
Do you want to receive a bound readers? Then there is the option to produce one at cost price via Printing on Demand (payment via IDEAL). You Ordered readers will be send to you at postage cost by regular mail. You should receive these within five working days.
For questions or problems concering digital readers and Printing on Demand, you can contact the University library via email: email@example.com.