12 June 2020
Important information about our teachin in academic year 2020-2021.
15 May 2020
Do you want to start a master's next year, but you have a maximum of 15 EC study delay in block 3/4? Then apply for conditional admission.
25 March 2020
Contact information for Humanities students during corona.



Questions about the corona virus?

Do you have a question about the coronavirus regarding Utrecht University? Let us know by sending an email to coronavirus@uu.nl.

Other questions?

Contacy the Student Information Desk Humanities, Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. You can reach us in the following ways:

  • Email: studentdesk.hum@uu.nl (from 9.00 - 17.00 on working days
  • WhatsApp: 0031 6 4108 4538 (from 9.00 - 17.00 on working days)
  • Phone: 030 253 6285 (from 11.00 - 13.00)

Please mention your student number in all correspondence!

Top 5 most frequently asked questions
Will I be able to start with the Master's programme I have been conditionally admitted to, even though I may not have finished my Bachelor's programme by 1 September due to Corona?

If you have been conditionally admitted to a master's programme, but you haven't quite finished your bachelor's degree by September 1, you can still start your master's degree. You can only start your Master’s if you are missing no more than 15 EC and your study delay occurred in block 3 and/or 4, i.e. between February 3 and June 26, 2020. Are you eligible? Fill in the application form before 17 August. Please also take the following into account:

  • The delay must be due to corona measures.
  • You were enrolled in courses and participated in them.
  • You’ve been conditionally admitted to the Master’s.
  • You must complete the missing 15 EC as soon as possible, but no later than 31 August 2021. If this is not the case, you will not be allowed to continue your Master's education from 1 September 2021 onwards.
  • You may only start your Master's thesis once you have successfully completed your Bachelor's thesis.

Not sure if you are eligible? In that case, just to be on the safe side, it is best to submit an application. The masters' programmes admissions committee will assess your application.

What does it mean for my BSA if I have a study delay due to the corona crisis?

This depends on the number of EC you have already achieved:

  • Positive BSA: at least 45 EC at the end of the academic year.
  • Negative BSA: 7,5 EC or less at the end of period 2 and less than 45 EC at the end of the academic year.
  • Deferral / postponed BSA: 15 EC or more at the end of period 2 and less than 45 EC at the end of the academic year. In order to receive a positive advice, you must have obtained at least 60 credits at the end of your 2nd academic year, of which at least 45 EC in first-year courses.
Is my graduation ceremony going ahead?

Good news! We will be able to organize a graduation ceremony upcoming fall for all students who will graduate in the academic year 2019-2020. Did you graduatie before March and don't want to wait for the ceremony to pick up your diploma? In that case, you can book an appointment to pick up your diploma at the Student Information Desk Humanities from September. If you graduated after March 2020, unfortunately it will take a little longer for your diploma to be ready for you. For more updates, see our information page on graduation.

Will I be able to graduate this year?

Yes, you can. The Graduation Office will inform you once you have met all requirements for graduation and explain the graduation procedure.

Who can I turn to within the UU in case I experience extra stress due to corona virus?

Sharing experiences: in the intervision group Studying from home organised by the Wellbeing trainers Humanities you can discuss your experiences and feelings of inconvenience with fellow students.

Individual conversation: your own Study Advisor (make an appointment via the Student Information Desk Humanities, 030 253 6285) or make an appointment for a 'bright conversation'.

Help with personal problems and study problems: the student psychologists can offer you (short-term) help or treatment for study-related or personal problems. 

Planning, keeping structure, writing and studying from home: Skillslab offers online writing and study coaching and help with the practical aspects of studying. 


Please pay attention to our House rules in buildings because of corona.