Questions about the corona virus?

Do you have a question about the coronavirus regarding Utrecht University? Let us know by sending an email to

Other questions?

Contacy the Student Information Desk Humanities, Our front desk is currently closed until further notice. You can reach us in the following ways:

  • Email: (from 9.00 - 17.00 on working days
  • WhatsApp: 0031 6 4108 4538 (from 9.00 - 17.00 on working days)
  • Phone: 030 253 6285 (from 11.00 - 12.30 and 13.30 - 15.00 on working days)

Please mention your student number in all correspondence!

Top 5 most frequently asked questions
Will I be able to start with the Master's programme I have been conditionally admitted to, even though I may not have finished my Bachelor's programme by 1 September due to Corona?

If you have been conditionally admitted to a master's programme, but you haven't quite finished your bachelor's degree by September 1, you can still start your master's degree. Even if you are not yet sure whether you will have obtained your bachelor's degree before 1 September, we advise you to apply for a master's degree before 1 June. Condition to start your master's is that you have a maximum of 15 EC and you have a study delay in block 3 and/or 4, i.e. between February 3 and June 26, 2020. Do you meet these conditions? Then fill in the application form before 17 August. Please also take the following into account:

  • Your conditional admission will not become unconditional until you have obtained your Bachelor's degree.
  • You must complete the missing 15 EC as soon as possible, but no later than 31 August 2021. If this is not the case, you will not be allowed to continue your Master's education from 1 September 2021 onwards.
  • You may only start your Master's thesis once you have successfully completed your Bachelor's thesis.
What does it mean for my BSA if I have a study delay due to the corona crisis?

This depends on the number of EC you have already achieved:

  • Positive BSA: at least 45 EC at the end of the academic year.
  • Negative BSA: 7,5 EC or less at the end of period 2 and less than 45 EC at the end of the academic year.
  • Deferral / postponed BSA: 15 EC or more at the end of period 2 and less than 45 EC at the end of the academic year. In order to receive a positive advice, you must have obtained at least 60 credits at the end of your 2nd academic year, of which at least 45 EC in first-year courses.
Is my graduation ceremony going ahead?

Graduation ceremonies taking place before June 1 will be canceled. If you were supposed to participate in such a ceremony, the Graduation Office will contact you about the next steps to take.

Will I be able to graduate this year?

Yes, you can. The Graduation Office will inform you once you have met all requirements for graduation and explain the graduation procedure.

Who can I turn to within the UU in case I experience extra stress due to corona virus?

Sharing experiences: in the intervision group Studying from home organised by the Wellbeing trainers Humanities you can discuss your experiences and feelings of inconvenience with fellow students.

Individual conversation: your own Study Advisor (make an appointment via the Student Information Desk Humanities, 030 253 6285) or make an appointment for a 'bright conversation'.

Help with personal problems and study problems: the student psychologists can offer you (short-term) help or treatment for study-related or personal problems. 

Planning, keeping structure, writing and studying from home: Skillslab offers online writing and study coaching and help with the practical aspects of studying. 


All our buildings will be closed until at least Monday 1 June . Our apologies for the inconvenience.