In the academic year 2023-2024, you can enrol in flexible study for the last time. After that, the pilot program will come to an end until further notice.
Flex study allows you to choose how many courses you take each year. You only pay for the courses you take (plus 15% administration fee). To participate, you must be enrolled as a flex student in September. On this page, you can read how to apply.
Flexible study conditions
It is only possible to continue your programme as a flex student if you (re)register as a full-time student and meet one of the following criteria:
- You wish to work and study at the same time.
- You're an elite athlete.
- As a student board member, you will receive at least € 425 as a compensation for board activities.
- You provide informal care for a family member.
- You have a chronic illness or disability.
You cannot participate in flexstudy if you are a contract student, premaster student or part-time student.
See the first fold-out below, for a more detailed description and explanation of the conditions. Would you like to know more? Please contact Quirine van der Steen (contact person Flexstudy).
Minimum number of credits
You need to register for at least 15 EC of courses per academic year. Make sure to check the entry requirements beforehand.
For each EC you pay 1/60 of the statutory tuition fee plus 15%.
How does it work?
- Go to Studielink and Submit an enrolment application.
- Sign up for flex study via Osiris > Cases > Start case > 04. Policies and procedures > HUM: Application flexible study. Make sure to register before 1 August at the latest. If you have any questions, please contact Quirine van der Steen.
- Book an appointment with your programme's Study Advisor.
- Make sure to fill in a study pan via Osiris
- Your study plan will be confirmed and signed by both your programme and yourself.
- If you meet the requirements and your study plan is approved, you will receive a formal notice you can participate in flex study.
- Register for the courses in your confirmed study plan during the course enrolment period.